ACE offers a Volunteer-Exchange Program at our Shangri-LA Homestead in Zachary, Louisiana, USA in exchange for shelter, food, all courses and activities.
We provide shelter, food, and exposure to the ACE philosophy in the safe, harmonious space we create for thriving. You participate in daily activities like gardening, building structures, updating the web site, creating art using recycled materials, upcycling, engineering and managing projects to make our community grow and become increasingly “off-the-grid”. We also have projects to bring in revenue, such as hosting workshops and retreats, selling artisanal goods and crafts, and participating in local farmers markets.
These are just a few brief examples. There is a place for all talents, so join us in your own way!
Apply for our Volunteer-Exchange Program today.
Please include in your application a short description about yourself and how you would like to contribute to the ACE Volunteer-Exchange Program.
If you are self-motivated and inspired to devote some of your energy and talents to the promotion of the ACE project, then there is a place for you. Degrees and certificates are NOT required, although if you have them and find them useful, they will surely be taken into consideration.
You may have an idea of your own of how to help which we have not yet identified as useful, however this does not mean that your idea is not valid and your help not useful! Please let us know if your idea is not on the following list for what we currently have open positions:
- Physical Development of Shangri-LA Homestead Property
- Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electronic)
- Construction workers/builders
- Repair Men
- Computer Work
- Web Design and Maintenence
- Updating the Blog and Social Media Pages
- Graphic Design
- Typing & Editing Texts (such as the ACE “Constitution” and Meditation & Ceremony Protocols)
- Daily Activities in the Shangri-LA House
- Running Errands
- Cleaning house
- Cutting Grass
- Artists and Craftworkers
- Making crafts for selling at the local farmer’s markets
- Painting the house (with murals and symbols)
- Making sculputers